I wear this crown of thorns
upon my liar's chair
full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Saturday, February 23, 2008 @ 11:02 PM
dsgdsg.

I shall it to all right now.

I don't know if most of you know this, but there are probably a billion anti-Islam comments on Youtube and probably a hundred maybe thousands videos denouncing the Islam faith. Well, it's all good in their country since they're protected by the first admendment which is basically, Freedom of Speech.

At what line do we draw Freedom of Speech and complete racism? In Singapore, we don't have Freedom of Speech. Heck, we don't even have the Freedom to be Different but at least we're warming up to that.

Here's the deal here. There was 1 comment I read that said that the "Syeds" are slave drivers and some utter rubbish. Unfortunately, my laptop has a mind on its own and decided to shut down the webpage due to a Flash problem. ( I was stacking up many videos of 2 and a half men)

Well, I'm surprised people usually call me Syed. Well, maybe its an easier name to pronounce and they are clueless about the meaning. If you must know, Syed translated from Arabic, means Sir. Syed is a honorific title given to the descendents of the Prophet Muhammad.

Don't go all, "So now he thinks he's a bigshot!" on me. It's part of my name and that's its meaning so live with it. Just because my name means Sir, doesn't mean that I expect people to bow down to me, fall on my feet and kiss my ring. I'd be a teacher if I wanted that kind of treatment. =)

So, to all those who now know my name, don't stay away from me. I probably should have told you not to call me Syed, but people have been calling me that since secondary school.

I'm still a nice guy. Just have a Sir attached to my name which is actually Alwi.

If you wanna practise on how to pronounce my real name, it's Al-wee though most people end up pronouncing it as El-wee which really pisses me off.

I'm Arab, not Mexican.

You can check out wikipedia for more info about Syed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayyid